Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lake Powell...





This last week was the annual trip to Lake Powell. We were SO GRATEFUL that we had the oppportunity to go. Thanks a million times, mom and dad. The trip started off with a bang and by the end, Trav and I were just a a maimed pair.


As cautious and careful as I usually am in the sun, I ABSOLUTELY FRIED myself the first day. I got so caught up in being there and riding in the boat, I didn't realize how much time had passed. I spent the next two or three days living under towels drenched in ice water and downing ibuprofen. I didn't get in on the tube riding, skiing, or pencil (water weenie) riding. However, I was able to rest, read some books, do word searches, and listen to my ipod. I officially started the massive peeling yesterday, just in time for the ride home; lucky me!


Trav's exema flared up horribly while we were down there. There had been some irritation, etc. before we left, but it got worse down there. He spent most of his time trying to stay off of it, keeping it elevated and wrapped with ice. He also survived on ibuprofen. Everyone will be glad to know that he is going to the doctor tomorrow.


Mazie spent her first time in the kennel while we were gone. Both of us were worried how she would do; she isn't real great with other dogs and she has weird eating habits. Needless to say, she was very excited to see BOTH OF US last night. This morning she ate all of her food, right up, without any problem. I think Mazie probably liked it there because she got walked several times a day.Thanks Dennise for picking her up for us!

4 comments:

The Christensen's said...

Wow that really looks like it hurts! I love the pictures of lake powell. I miss it. I am going to try an talk brandon and the rest of the fam into boats. Like old times. Love your wedding pics, Happy Anniversary!

Amy said...

Oh, I love Lake Powell. Glad you had a good time, minus being miserable for the most part.

The Pyne's said...

Looks like fun, other than the sun burn!! That's one thing that sucks about going out in the sun, ya, it's hot and you get fried! Glad you had fun though and got some R&R in before school starts!

April said...

Ouch! I can't believe you got burned day 1!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your time resting, though.