Monday, March 03, 2008

Exercise and Mornings...

As many of you already know, I am totally NOT a morning person! I hate getting up early. I got a gym membership to a local Ladies Only gym at the beginning of the year. My goal was to go right after school each day or if that didn't work out some days, I would go at 8 that night. Other than when I was off track and could go during the day (not at the crack of dawn), this plan has not worked so well. Most days, I can't leave work by 4:30 because my classroom and materials are not ready for the next day, and inevitably, there is always something else going on at night!

And so, I have made the big decision...drum roll...please! I am now getting up at 5:30 every morning to hit the gym. I have my alarm set and Travis wakes me up enough to talk to him before he leaves for work; this way I am awake enough that I can't go back to sleep! This is a better plan because I get the gym over and done with first thing in the morning and I don't have to worry about when else I am going to fit it in or drag myself back out of the house to go, when all I want to do is stay home and hang out with my husband. Trav is also happy with this decision because it means at night when he is tired and ready to go to bed, I will be too...I can't keep him up late anymore!

My mom was right about how great getting up and going in the morning is! This mornign I did the leg weights and even had time to do the treadmill for an hour! I can get so much done before I go to work...a load of laundry, dishes, read, etc. Heck, I even made the bed this morning before work....that is only like the 2 or 3 time in 2 1/2 years of marriage unless I made it because someone was coming over or we changed sheets. LOVING IT!!! I have felt better and had more energy the last few days. The great part is...it's just going to keep getting better!

2 days down....and as my kindergarten students would say....a kadrillion million days left! Wish me luck!

And now off to bed I go....so I can get up at the crack of dawn and exercise!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaqueline! Yeah you have a blog how fun! I have to admit that I'm totally obsessed! I'm glad that we will be able to keep in touch! I'm really sad to leave our fun school but I love change to, so hopefully it will be good! Good job on getting up so early! I honestly could not do that!

The Hills Family said...

THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!!! WAY TO GO LIL' SIS!!!!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Congratulations, that is hard to do. You are amazing.

The Pyne's said...

Jacque- I luv your new template. It's adorable! Look at you go girl, getting up early. I'm so excited for you. You know I hear exercise is supposed to make you feel better. but on my two walks I've been on this week, it seems to make me more tired. Could be that I need to go more! Oh well. Keep us posted on your progress!

Erika said...

Way to go! i am also not a morning person! I hate getting up so early! I also should excersice, but I don't, so way to go!