Monday, April 01, 2013

Some of what we have been up to...


 
We decided at the end of last year that we were going to start working on finishing the basment (lowest level) in our house. When it is finished, it will be a storage room and a bedroom. In order to do that, we had to create some storage space for some of the stuff that is already down there. Trav build another shelf in the garage; all of our camping stuff is now stored out in the garage. He is building a closet under the stair s (with shelves) in the basement; this where games and possibly, blankets will be stored. Next step, is to go through the rest of the stuff in the basement and see what we really need to keep and what could be donated to someone else in need.  It will be a slow process just doing it a little at a time when we have funds. Trav really is excited and enjoying working on it; has been fun to watch.
 

 
I have also been working hard at getting healthier. I have been working on watching my calorie intake, what kinds of food I am eating, and exercising.
 
My school is having a 5K on April 20th that  I am planning to participate in. The last few weeks, when I am at the gym, I have done the 5K run setting on the treadmill. Now, I spend about 10 minutes warming up, then I alternate jogging for 2 minutes and walking for 1 minute. I don't jog fast...at all; I can finish the 5k in about 48 minutes ( I can almost walk it that fast, too)!  I have really worked hard at getting up and going to the gym in the morning (like at 5:15). It has really helped that my mom has been my phone buddy to help hold each of us accountable and get ourselves to the gym. Thanks mom....you are the best! I love you! I am excited because now that the weather is nicer, Trav and I are going to start walking Mazie on walks after work, in addition to my gym time.
 
I have also been enjoying fruit smoothies in the morning (strawberries, 1/2 banana, a little OJ and milk), but recently started adding a big handful of spinach to my smoothies. You can't taste the spinach...I SWEAR. The other day, we were out of spinach and I missed having it in my smoothie.
 
 
Awhile ago, my cute brother told me about these portion control plates; portions is something that I struggle with, because if something tastes good...I want to keep having tastes. I decided last week that I was going to buy one to help me get portions back under control: I ordered one for Trav, too. They got here Saturday afternoon and I used mine yesterday at my mom's Easter party. It was amazing how much food I still got to eat, but that I was full when I was done. Seriously, I am super excited and for how this is going to help me!
 
I am down about 7lbs from where I was in February, most importantly, I am feeling great!
 
So, that's us for now...
 

1 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey so your brother lives close to me. I saw your parents at my sons blue and gold banquet for scouts. Our ward and there ward combine. Roderick is going to your moms for a pool party in June. What a small world. Email me mandisanchez11@gmail com